Saturday, November 20, 2004

Nothing More Than Feelings

Haven't posted in a while. It's Saturday morning and I took my interferon shot last night, so I'm feeling a little brought down. I take it for Hepatitis C, which I've had for at least 23 years. I've been taking it for 19 weeks and will for a total of 48. It's working well. My liver functions are back to normal and my viral load is extremely low. Yes!

Anyway for entertainment value (and because there are no pictures yet in this blog) here's a picture I took in Georgetown in Washington DC USA.

Aw crap. I just took a look at the results of this post in Mozilla Firefox and the formatting is all screwy, while it looks right in Microsoft Internet Explorer.

For those of you who don't know, Firefox is a great new free web browser. It's all over the news as a threat to Microsoft Internet Explorer.

This may be a good time to mention that I am a proponent of Free/Open Source software, and have strong feelings about it that transcend the technical. It scares me to death that proprietary software, i.e. software whose inner workings are kept secret by their creators, like Microsoft and Diebold for example, are used in the Pentagon, the CIA and in voting machines. This software could be doing absolutely anything and we wouldn't know. And as everyone probably knows, if abuse is possible, it will happen eventually.

Anyway, this additional text will hopefully push the image low enough so it won't display over my profile. What a kludge. Sigh.

Later gators.



Ta da. A new day dawns.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home