Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Internet Radio

One by one the rock radio stations in this area not controlled by mega corporations have bitten the dust. For the most part DJs have no choice in what they play.

The Internet is changing all of this. Go to Shoutcast and you'll have your choice of hundreds of Internet radio stations to tune in to. Some of my favorites...


  • Radio Paradise - Eclectic intelligent rock. My current favorite source of new music. More on this later.

  • Sleepbot Environmental Broadcast - Great in the background for relaxing, but even better for working. I find it helps me concentrate without fading out.

  • Groove Salad - Something like sleepbot, but more intense. Great background sound.

  • Mostly Classical - A nice source of classical music. Great for a beginner, 'cause it tells you what's playing.



Never mind what I like though. Go to Shoutcast and explore.

Beware though - if you don't explicitly install to play your music player software, you'll have iTunes or Microsoft Media Player popping up trying to steer you in some cockamamie direction. I strongly recommend downloading Winamp, either the free or non-free version.

Happy listening.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You turned me on to Radio Paradise and Groove Salad in the past and both are great. Thanks again.

4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home