Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Arlington Cemetery

I live within walking distance of Arlington Cemetery, which is on Ft. Meyer in Arlington, Virginia, and I go there quite often. I thought it would be appropriate here to state how I feel about the place and the men and women who are buried there.

My dept of gratitude for these war dead is beyond words. Everything I have and everything I am I owe to them. And while I don't always agree on the reasons for going to war, it doesn't take one iota from the deep appreciation I feel for the sacrifice these men and women have made. There are no words strong enough to express that emotion.

So when you read my blog and you see statements that run counter to the present administration's stance on political issues, please keep this in mind.

Also keep this in mind the next time feel compelled to call someone unpatriotic because their political views differ from yours. The vast, vast majority of citizens of the United States of America, regardless of their political affiliation, feel the dept of gratitude I expressed above.

Thanks for reading this.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home