Saturday, August 01, 2020

United States, 1970-1980

After graduating from high school in 1970, I decided to take a tour of this country's places of incarceration. Here is a list of the ones I visited between 1970 and 1980, and the number of times I had the pleasure of going there. 

PG County Upper Marlboro MD 1 
Washington DC 1 
New Orleans Central Lockup LA 3 
New Orleans Parrish Prison LA 1 
Tucson AZ 2 
Phoenix Maricopa County AZ 1 
Berkley Campus CA 1 
Bay St Louis MS 1 
Austin TX 1 

They were brief stints, with the longest being 6 week in NOLA Parrish Prison.

Those were tough years and I still sometimes grieve for the kid who who had to go through this horror. Since that time I had a satisfying career in computers and have many people in my life, including a loving partner. And music. I am grateful.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home